NORTHWEST CONNECTICUT TEEN FILM FESTIVAL 2012
Saturday, August 11th 2012
The Maxx, 94 Railroad Street, New Milford, CT 06776
1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
The Festival’s purpose is to encourage the understanding of an appreciation for cinematic arts, to foster those arts, and to provide a venue for high school students to exhibit their cinematic productions.
The Festival is organized and operated by the New Milford Youth Agency and the New Milford Film Commission.
- Each film must be submitted by 5 pm on Friday, July 20th 2012 with a completed official entry form.
- Films must be formatted for DVD, VCD OR VHS.
- There is no limit to the number of films you may enter. If you do submit more than one, each film must have a separate entry form.
- The content is suitable for all viewing audiences.
- It is between 30 seconds and 10 minutes in length
- That you and the principal members of your crew are 14 – 18 years old.
- Films must have been completed after September 1st 2011.
- Films must have been written, directed and produced primarily by students ages 14 – 18. Teachers and others may assist in the process so as to increase the learning experience, but the writing, direction and production of each film must be primarily done by students.
- Categories will include; a) Narrative – fiction films that depict imaginary events and people; b) Documentary – non-fiction films, films that depict fact, real events and real people; c) Experimental – avant-garde films, generally films that oppose structure, lack a linear narrative and explore lyricism thru images and sound.
- Please read the competition certification and release form carefully for information and rules on intellectual property and issues, particularly regarding the use of music in your film. The Festival Committee cannot emphasize enough the importance of complying with all intellectual property laws and respecting the intellectual property rights of others.
- If you submit a DVD, please make sure that your DVD will play in a DVD player. If your film is selected as a finalist, we will require that you submit your film in this format.
Ensure that your film meets these criteria:
Finalists in each category will be notified by August 3rd as to whether their entry has been selected for inclusion and viewing during the showing of films Saturday August 11th. Awards will be determined by a panel of artists and film professionals and will be presented the afternoon of August 11th. Best film in each category will receive a cash award of $250.00.
Both the entry form and the release must be submitted. Entries may be submitted in person to the New Milford Youth Agency at 50 East Street from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Or mailed to New Milford Youth Agency, 50 East Street, New Milford CT 06776.
You will be notified by email upon receipt of your entry. If you have any questions, please call 860.210.2030.